How does the new prepaid electricity meter work?
A prepaid meter works similar as a prepaid top-up phone (“pay as you go”). You load money/units on your prepaid meter; this will allow you to use electricity to value of your units loaded.
How do you load units on a prepaid meter?
How to recharge your Prepaid Meter
- Using the smart card 20-digit code. Go to any of the dealer outlets or disco offices close to you with your smart meter card. …
- Recharging directly with your smart card.
How do you load prepaid electricity?
How do I load the pre-payment meter with electricity? When you purchase electricity you will receive a slip, an SMS or an e-mail (depending on the method of purchase). This slip will include the meter number and a 20 digit token. Punch the 20 digit token number into the meter, followed by the enter button.
How do I read a prepay power meter?
Pay-As-You-Go Meter (PAYG)
- Press the number 9 on your keypad and your reading will appear on screen.
- Readings should be taken from left to right and include all numbers.
How do I top up my prepaid power meter?
There is a variety of ways to top up your electricity. Credit can be purchased online, on our website, via our app, the phone or at any payzone. To avail of topping up at the shop, you will need to bring your customer card with you.
How does a smart prepaid meter work?
A smart meter is an advanced type of digital electricity meter that records when, and how much, electricity is consumed and deducts from the amount consumed from a prepaid balance loaded by the customer.
How do I use the new prepaid meter in Ghana?
To use the E-prepaid app, users simply download E-PREPAID from the Google Play Store, sign up, enter their 8 or 9-digit meter number, their amount of purchase, and the name registered to the smart meter, and pay through MTN mobile money.
How do I reset my prepaid electricity meter?
To reset the Prepaid Meter follow the steps below:
- enter 990 and press the green or blue button to confirm.
- then enter 8888 and confirm.
- finally enter 999 and confirm, you will see RESET message on the LCD screen.
- remove the plug under the meter box and plug it again.
- Then enter the token given to you to recharge.
How do I recharge my Ikeja Electric prepaid meter?
Ways to Pay
- Ikeja Electric Payment Portal – www.ikejaelectric.com (debit cards)
- Quickteller – www.quickteller.com (debit cards)
- Internet Banking – Available via all banks’ online channels.
- Banks’ mobile apps – Available via all banks’ apps.
- USSD – *565*6*0013*MeterNo/AccountNo/Amount#
- POS – IE Offices (debit cards)
How much is a unit of prepaid electricity in Nigeria?
The 30.8 EEDC units cost 1000 Naira. Therefore, price per unit is 32 Naira per Kwh.