What is the main purpose of nuclear energy Mcq?
What is the main purpose of nuclear energy? Explanation: Nuclear energy was developed by man as an alternate source of clean and cheap energy when compared to fossil fuels.
What are 3 benefits of nuclear energy?
Nuclear Energy Pros
- Low Cost of Operation. After the initial cost of construction, nuclear energy has the advantage of being one of the most cost-effective energy solutions available. …
- Reliable Source of Energy. …
- Stable Base Load Energy. …
- Produces Low Pollution. …
- Sufficient Fuel Availability. …
- It Has High Energy Density.
What is the most attractive part of nuclear energy Mcq?
Explanation: Most attractive part of nuclear energy is that it has no combustion products and under safe working conditions contributes no pollutant to air.
What is the ultimate purpose of the nuclear reaction in a nuclear power plant?
NUCLEAR REACTORS ARE THE HEART OF A NUCLEAR POWER PLANT. They contain and control nuclear chain reactions that produce heat through a physical process called fission. That heat is used to make steam that spins a turbine to create electricity.
What are the benefits of nuclear energy?
The advantages of nuclear power are:
- One of the most low-carbon energy sources.
- It also has one of the smallest carbon footprints.
- It’s one of the answers to the energy gap.
- It’s essential to our response to climate change and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Reliable and cost-effective.
What is nuclear energy advantages and disadvantages?
Advantages and disadvantages of nuclear power stations
|Does not contribute to global warming.||Local thermal pollution from wastewater affects marine life.|
|Very low fuel costs.||Large-scale accidents can be catastrophic.|
Which of the following about the nuclear force is true Mcq?
Explanation: Nuclear force is independent of charge. The nuclear force between two protons is the same as that between two neutrons or between a neutron and proton. … The nuclear force is short-ranged. Explanation: Yes, this is a true statement.
In which part of nuclear power plant steam is produced Mcq?
In which part of nuclear power plant steam is produced? Explanation: There is no boiler in nuclear power plant. The heat energy released in the reactor during nuclear fission is utilised to heat the coolant. This coolant is circulated through the heat exchanger to produce steam.
What is unit of nuclear radiation Mcq?
The International system of units (SI) of radioactivity activity is. Becquerel.