How do I pay my electric bill UK?
There are four main ways to pay your energy bills, each of which are suitable for different people in different ways.
- Monthly Direct Debit. Paying gas and electricity by Direct Debit is the most effective way to make sure you pay your bills on time. …
- Quarterly Direct Debit. …
- Payment on receipt of bill. …
- Prepayment meter.
What is the best way to pay for electricity?
Paying my energy bill by direct debit
The most common and often the most effective method of paying your energy bill is to set up a direct debit. It means you don’t have to worry about making any payments yourself, as long as you have enough money in your chosen bank account to pay the bill.
How can I pay my bill online?
Paying online through your bank
- Create an online account on your bank’s website or app, if you don’t already have one.
- Once you’ve logged in, look for a “bill pay” link and create profiles for each of the companies (known as “payees”) you want to pay. …
- Enter how much you want to pay the company and on what date.
How can I use my credit card to pay my electric bill?
When it’s time to make a payment, you have to select the biller and enter the details required, such as customer number and the amount you want to pay. Once you fill in the details, click on the payment option to make an automatic payment with your credit card.
How do I top up my electric meter?
How do I top up for the first time?
- Put your key or card into the meter for at least a minute to activate it.
- Top up your key or card at a convenient Payzone or Post Office.
- Put the key or card into your meter. Electricity credit will transfer automatically.
How do I pay my bills?
How to pay bills on time
- Get organised. Get a folder and keep your bills in it. …
- Choose a payment method that suits you. …
- Check your bills regularly. …
- Don’t let your bills get on top of you. …
- Make sure you’re not paying too much. …
- Pay online or phone banking. …
- Other payment methods.
Is it cheaper to pay for energy monthly or quarterly?
Is it cheaper to pay energy bills monthly or quarterly? Direct debit is usually the cheapest way to pay your energy bills. However, there tends to not be much difference in price between a quarterly and a monthly plan. Some suppliers will offer a discount if you pay your bills by quarterly direct debit.
Who is the cheapest energy supplier?
Who is the cheapest energy supplier in 2021?
- Octopus Energy.
- Utility Warehouse.
- Outfox The Market.
- Pure Planet.
- Orbit Energy.
What is the safest way to pay bills online?
How to Safely Pay Bills Online
- Email is notoriously insecure, so never pay bills through a link in an email. …
- Don’t send personal information through email.
- Don’t save your password or username on a company site if it’s offered. …
- Use banking service that have multi-step verification log-ins.
How do I pay my bill over the phone?
How to Pay Bills by Phone
- Call the companies that bill you monthly (utilities, telephone, cable, garbage and so on) and ask whether they offer pay-by-phone service. …
- Ask whether they charge a fee for the service.
- Ask what credit cards and ATM cards they accept.
Can you pay bills with a debit card?
Debit and credit cards are both useful tools for shopping online and in person. But you can also use your cards to pay bills like tuition, taxes, utilities (electricity and water, for example), and more. … While it’s convenient to pay with plastic, it’s not always the best option, so get familiar with the pros and cons.