What are the two electrical safety measures?
Electrical safety tips for kids
- Never put fingers or other objects in an outlet.
- Keep metal objects out of toasters.
- Never use anything with a cord or plug around water.
- Never pull a plug out by its cord.
- Stay away from substations and power lines.
- Don’t climb on power poles.
- Never fly kites near power lines.
What are the two main types of electrical hazards?
There are two known hazards of electricity—thermal and shock. A thermal hazard is one where excessive electric power causes undesired thermal effects, such as starting a fire in the wall of a house. A shock hazard occurs when electric current passes through a person.
What is risk assessment in electrical?
An electrical installation risk assessment is a procedure that helps electrical workers identify hazards, assess risks, and implement risk controls before beginning work at a site. During the assessment, a worker must weigh the likelihood of an electrical occurrent, and the severity of a potential injury.
What safety measures should be taken during the use of electricity?
5 electrical safety tips you should know for your home
- Replace or repair damaged power cords. …
- Don’t overload your outlets. …
- Avoid extension cords as much as possible. …
- Keep electrical equipment or outlets away from water. …
- Protect small children from hazards. …
- Put us to the test!
What are the 3 main electrical hazards?
The main hazards of working with electricity are:
- electric shock and burns from contact with live parts.
- injury from exposure to arcing, fire from faulty electrical equipment or installations.
What is a risk assessment?
A risk assessment is the process of identifying what hazards currently exist or may appear in the workplace. A risk assessment defines which workplace hazards are likely to cause harm to employees and visitors.
What is an electrical assessment?
An electrical inspection provides a comprehensive review and checkup of the electrical connections and wiring installed in a home. Additionally, electrical inspections help prevent fire damage, which cause many deaths, injuries and property damage every year.
What is a risk assessment example?
A risk assessment involves considering what could happen if someone is exposed to a hazard (for example, COVID-19) and the likelihood of it happening.