[The One Ring] Tales from Wilderland | Tabletop Roleplaying Open (2024)

Rich H

Owl Be Back!

RPGnet Member

• Apr 3, 2012
  • #1

So, just got an email for my download link to the "The One Ring - Tales from Wilderland" supplement from C7 and I'm downloading it now.

Will summarise the adventures in the next post. Any questions, feel free to ask away - I'll try and respond as will others, I'm sure!

Ta,
Rich

Rich H

Owl Be Back!

RPGnet Member

• Apr 3, 2012
  • #2

As the blurb for the supplement states:

Tales from Wilderland contains seven ready-to-play adventures, complete scenarios that can be played separately, or as an epic campaign spanning across a number of years. All adventures are set in the years after 2946, and take place in Wilderland.

The seven adventures are, as outlined in the introduction (spoiler blocks added on request to hide info from potential players)*:

***​

The Crossings of Celduin

Spoiler: Show

The Watch on the Heath

Spoiler: Show

Spoiler: Show

***​

These all sound awesome but I really like the look of the last three as they feel like they are gearing up to a continuing plot line and something really epic - perhaps leading into the up and coming "The Darkening of Mirkwood" campaign?

* If that's quoting too much from the book, then just let me know - I'll edit the content down to just the scenario titles.

EDIT: Added spoiler blocks.

Last edited:

Rich H

Owl Be Back!

RPGnet Member

• Apr 3, 2012
  • #3

Presentation of the book matches that of "Adventures Over the Edge of the Wild" and although there aren't any full or double page illustrations there are some lovely smaller ones - Jon H and the others have really kept the standard high again!

And also, for a set of adventures, it looks like an excellent index!

I wanna run this game so badly!

[The One Ring] Tales from Wilderland | Tabletop Roleplaying Open (4)

Francesco

Member

20 Year Hero!

• Apr 3, 2012
  • #4

Rich H said:

And also, for a set of adventures, it looks like an excellent index!

I wanna run this game so badly!

[The One Ring] Tales from Wilderland | Tabletop Roleplaying Open (6)

Hi Rich, thanks for the kind words and very quick post! [The One Ring] Tales from Wilderland | Tabletop Roleplaying Open (7)

Just a note: you might want to hide or omit the summaries for the various adventures, as they contain some spoilers for people who are going to play it.

Thanks!

Francesco
Edit: I noticed only now that you voluteered to do just that in your post!

Last edited:

Rich H

Owl Be Back!

RPGnet Member

• Apr 3, 2012
  • #5

Francesco said:

Hi Rich, thanks for the kind words and very quick post! [The One Ring] Tales from Wilderland | Tabletop Roleplaying Open (9)

One of the advantages of, ahem, "working from home". [The One Ring] Tales from Wilderland | Tabletop Roleplaying Open (10) [The One Ring] Tales from Wilderland | Tabletop Roleplaying Open (11)

Francesco said:

Damn, good point! Sorry folks if anyone read those before adding the spoiler blocks.

Rich H

Owl Be Back!

RPGnet Member

• Apr 3, 2012
  • #6

Francesco said:

Edit: I noticed only now that you voluteered to do just that in your post!

I didn't think about the spoiler part, so it was worth pointing out, it was more to do with posting too much information from a copyright point of view. Didn't want to upset you or cause you guys needless hassle. Still happy to delete completely if that's the case...

Francesco

Member

20 Year Hero!

• Apr 3, 2012
  • #7

Rich H said:

Didn't want to upset you or cause you guys needless hassle.

No need to worry about that! Thanks for circulating the news!

Francesco

Elvish Lore

Hello!

20 Year Hero!

• Apr 3, 2012
  • #8

Oooh.... this looks like all kinds of awesome.

Thanks Rich H for pointing this out and for the summaries!

Rich H

Owl Be Back!

RPGnet Member

• Apr 3, 2012
  • #9

Francesco said:

No need to worry about that! Thanks for circulating the news!

Seriously not a problem.

I really like the "Playing [NPC]" advice in the adventures as well. That's so often left out of products like this and is really valuable for a GM so "thanks"!

Rich H

Owl Be Back!

RPGnet Member

• Apr 3, 2012
  • #10

Elvish Lore said:

Oooh.... this looks like all kinds of awesome.

Thanks Rich H for pointing this out and for the summaries!

My pleasure. [The One Ring] Tales from Wilderland | Tabletop Roleplaying Open (17)

I'm smiling and giggling with delight at the moment as in one of the adventures there's even a goblin song:

Goblins live down in the caves,
Ain’t had nothing to eat for days!
Empty bellies, sharpened teeth,
Sharp blades in a blackened sheath!

Goblins are a courteous folk
Always polite and real well spoke!
After a fight when we’re the winner
Bring the foe back home for dinner!

Dwarves is tough and mostly beard.
Elves are stringy and taste weird.
In better times we eat Man-flesh
Smoke it, cook it or eat it fresh!

Put the Hobbit in the pot!
Eat him up, we’ll have the lot!
Bring him to the Goblin feast!
Bring him to the Goblin feast!

I mean, for Bilbo's-sake, if that isn't worth the price of admission alone I don't know what will tempt you! I can't wait to sing that to my players! [The One Ring] Tales from Wilderland | Tabletop Roleplaying Open (18)

EDIT: Maybe going to change the last line to An' them feet will taste real sweet!

Last edited:

You must log in or register to reply here.

[The One Ring] Tales from Wilderland | Tabletop Roleplaying Open (2024)
Top Articles